Monitoring Road Conditions with a Visible Camera
IVS has researched how to use our new patent-protected optical icing detection technology to help monitor road conditions through the use of a visible camera mounted on the vehicle. This system can provide the driver with “augmented vision” for detecting potentially hazardous conditions ahead.
Normally it’s difficult to distinguish ice, snow, and water from each other in the visible spectrum with a single forward-looking camera. But data from infrared detectors can be fused with that of the visible camera to mitigate the problem.
YUV Color Space Features:
- Omnivision OV10640 1m pixels sensor
- Active pixel: 1280 horizontal x 800 vertical
- Frame rate: 30fps
- Optical format: 1/2.56”
- Pixel size: 4.2um x 4.2um
- Support for Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)
- Raw data USB 3.0 real-time streaminmg
- CS / M12 lens mount support (default: M12 lens)
- USB 3.0 interface
- Power: USB 3.0 +5VDC power source
- Compact size: 26mm x 26mm
- Part number: U-USB30-OV10640C
Contact us Today
Are you seeing the potential for IVS technology to help you minimize danger, prevent accidents, and save lives in road transportation? If so, please contact Kurt Hochrein, IVS Chief Operating Officer, at 734.707.1528 or email us. We’ll be pleased to explore the possibilities with you.